Saturday, April 27, 2013

Kyle's Final Stats

Just a quick note. Now that the regular season has been completed, you can see on the right that Kyle Okposo finished the season with 4 goals and 20 assists.

While it wasn't the goal output he desired, he will be going to the postseason for the first time in his National Hockey League career. He has told me many times that a playoff berth, more than any personal goal or milestone, has been something he has desired as a professional.

While the Islanders' opponent has yet to be determined, I am pleased that announce that his first playoff series will also be mine, at least in terms of attendance.

As fate would have it, our playoff debuts coincide because of a foolish decision I made 20 years ago to forsake tickets to the 1993 Eastern Conference Finals. At the time I figured I would have plenty of opportunities to take in a playoff game at Nassau Coliseum in coming seasons.

Oops.

Anyway, I'll try to bring you the same (heavily biased) coverage of their playoff games that I have provided for the past six seasons. Hopefully we'll take a fun ride together this May (and June?).

As always, thanks for reading. I appreciate all of you.

P.S. For a look at Kyle's career stats, check HockeyDB.com.

No comments: