Friday, February 11, 2011

Okie Downs the Habs

The hockey world doesn't stop while I am out of touch. Unfortunately, events beyond my control have left me with an intermittent Internet connection while I am in Nevada for the month. I've tried to keep up with the Islanders news while I'm out of town, but it's hard.

Though I didn't get to see it, I am very proud that Kyle scored the game winning goal in the shootout against Montreal on Thursday (2/10) night. I am also very pleased that Mikko Koskinen recorded his first NHL win. I was there with a few of my fellow bloggers when the affable (and tall) Koskinen was drafted, in, of all places, Montreal.

I saw that the Islanders picked up Al Montoya in a minor league deal. I really only remember him for his famous goalie fight as a member of the Rangers.

The Islanders take on a depleted Pittsburgh team tonight (2/11), a very winnable game. I can only hope to catch highlights of the tilt. But I am pleased that the team has a small bit of momentum, confidence, and perhaps some of the shenanigans surrounding the goaltending situation are dying down a bit.

I'll say this: While the team might not be great this season, they certainly haven't been boring.

I'll be checking in when I can. Good luck to them.

Signing off from my desert outpost...

No comments: